Starting & Managing Nonprofits
Jan 12 @ 10a
Nonprofit Specialist Certificate
The Nonprofit Specialist Certificate Program is designed to enhance the skills of people who are either new to the nonprofit world, currently working in a nonprofit and wanting to learn more about nonprofit functioning, or individuals interested in getting a job in a nonprofit. Classes are taught by Charles Williams from The Williams Group NOLA who will provide students with skills they can use immediately to help their organization reach its goals.
Responsibilities of a Nonprofit Board and the Management Team
• Why are Articles, Provisions & Bylaws Important ?
• Understand Basic Financial and Accounting Terms
• The Tax Exemption Application / 501(c)(3)
• Applying for Federal, State & Local Grants
• Understand End of Budget Year Reporting & Filing 990
• Grants & Grant Proposals
Each attendee will receive a Nonprofit Specialist Certificate upon completion of test